We will all be waking up late tomorrow morning…afternoon, and I suppose most of us won’t feel like making a big breakfast. Here is an omelette that not only will taste delicious, but will detox and rejuvenate you at the same time. Let’s face it, we’re going to need a pick me up, and sometimes coffee doesn’t do the trick.
An omelette like a risotto can be one of the easiest things to make, once you get the hang of it. Like a risotto or curry, you can add pretty much anything you want in it.
While I was visiting San Diego in 2007, I learned that salsa was extremely important to its residents. One morning my friend and I came up with the brilliant idea to put some spicy salsa inside of our omelettes. When returning back to the UK I opted to also add 1 sweet red pepper to the mix.
This is a really quick way to get a good breakfast inside of you before you run to work that will keep you energized for hours.
4 medium eggs
1 sweet red pepper chopped
8 oz of store bought salsa(or you can always make your own the night before)
Sprinkle of garlic powder
Sprinkle of pepper
Sprinkle of onion granules
1. Heat your non-stick frying pan until red hot. It is important when making omelettes, that you use the hottest setting on your stove top.
2. Mix the eggs with the red pepper and salsa and beat until smooth.
3. Add in the garlic powder and onion granules to taste.
4. Pour the mixture into the piping hot frying pan and take your spatula
to frequently push the mixture slightly towards the middle of the frying pan so it doesn’t stick. Keep doing this process until the omelette looks as if it has formed on top.
5. Flip the omelette on the other side and fry for 2 minutes.
6. Divide into four sections and serve!
This would go perfect with some freshly squeezed orange juice. Get that vitamin C in you–does more wonders than caffeine.